Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Another Day Down...Lots of Outside Fun

We've spent lots of time outside over the last 24 hours.  It included some pre-dinner play last night...


...which resulted in the trucks needing to be brought inside for dinner.  It made for a different spin on a drive-in...


You better believe we finished our night watching a truck show, one of the boys' favorite netflix flicks...


I fell asleep watching it with them...woops!  Needless to say, I drug myself to bed as soon as I had them tucked in.  

This morning kicked off with some story time where the featured stories were some Eric Carle favorites...


AND


When it comes to Eric Carle, what's not to love?  Great art, great stories, lots of repetition.  The boys like pretending to read them to me, because they are so simple and memorable.  Early literacy at work...I love it!!!!!  

We hung around for a bit chatting with our friends in the A/C enjoying some goldfish for the boys and delicious coffee for me...



 I love that the boys love it there...now if we could just keep them seated and using their inside voices for more than 2 minutes at a time...lol

In keeping with the concept of keeping ourselves busy this week, we headed off for our next stop...


After a little hesitation, the boys were all smiles playing at the fountains.  I'm super happy about the headway we've been making in the water play department!!!!!  I love this shot I caught of Mason literally jumping with joy...


This one of Colton hamming it up is pretty darn good too.  


Next up on the agenda today was a haircut for me.  Yay for an hour of peace and quiet while Sandy at Bangz worked her magic on my out of control locks.  They are much healthier and happier now that they've gotten her overdue TLC...


I loathe self portraits but here ya go...darn iphone always reverses the photos, making my lopsided face look the opposite of its usual lopsidedness...lol

Now it's nap-time at our house which means quiet time for me.   Hoping to get in some exercise once the boys wake up...think I'll avoid all my chores and read some more of my book in the mean time.  Maybe I'll throw some laundry in to feel a little more productive...you know I'm terrible at just sitting still.  Have a lovely day!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment