Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Up and At 'Em

We kicked off this Tuesday morning a little differently than our typical Tuesday morning.  We were up and at 'em early so we could hit the pavement with a friend and her stroller for a hour run BEFORE story time.  Nothing like beating the heat so we could bust out a run AND story time by 9:30 in the morning.  What a great way to start the day!!!

The boys sported their new shades for the early-morning outing...


Of course they sported them at the dinner table last night too...


Silly Mason!!


So I don't leave Colton out, check him out sporting my make-up bag as his DIY pirate costume.  Just imagine this is a video and he's saying "Arrrrrrrrr" cause that's exactly what he was doing all night long.  

Anyways, back to today... Today's story time features were...


We all know this rhyme and Jane Cabrera's illustrations are fantastic for little eyes.

AND


A sweet story about all the things the daddy does for the baby bear.  

Thankfully the music was up and running with no glitches.   Gotta love story time success!  We finished up our morning with some playtime with our story time friends before heading home for lunch.    

I made myself a very yummy salad that I'm thinking about repeating for dinner tonight because it was that good...mixed baby greens topped with shrimp, mango chunks and blueberries, drizzled with a dressing I made by combining yogurt with the juice of one lime, a splash of vanilla, and some stevia. YUM!

I've been completely lazy during naptime today...painted my nails, read a magazine, and finished watching the movie I started last night but couldn't stay awake for...


It was cute...and totally kid friendly once the boys are older and can understand it.  I'll have to keep it in mind.   I normally can't stand Billy Crystal but he did a good job in this movie...might have to give him another chance. 

After the movie I made myself a little afternoon pick-me-up.  It's my favorite juice these day---LOTS of kale, a granny smith apple and a lemon.  SO refreshing!! 


While I drank it, I researched homemade sunscreen recipes.  I'm thinking of trying it out.  Anyone tried it and had success or failure??  I'd love tips.  So far the coconut oil, zinc oxide and beeswax combo is intriguing to me.  It appears that the beeswax makes it waterproof.  I'm wondering if it's hard to get off when you finally want it off though.  This recipe seems to be a common one.   I'm definitely intrigued by it and willing to give it a shot...just have to get the ingredients.

Time to tackle some chores before the boys wake up.  

But before I go, here's something to hopefully make you chuckle...I stole it from Macaroni Kid of Stuart's facebook page.  It's the reason I make dinner during nap time...


Happy Tuesday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment