Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

An Amazing Weekend!

When I said Friday was the day I had been waiting for all week, I had no idea what surprises were in store for me.  I was COMPLETELY surprised to find my sister and her boyfriend waiting to surprise me when I walked into the Riverwalk Cafe.  They came all the way from Chicago to help me celebrate my 30th birthday.  I can't imagine a better surprise than a visit from my sister!  I will never forget my 30th birthday and the love I felt this weekend.

We had a wonderful lunch at the Riverwalk Cafe, some yummy beers at the Tequesta Brewing Company, and finally, late night sushi at Hog Snappers.  If you haven't checked out these places, I HIGHLY recommend it.  All three places are phenomenal!  I was having so much fun that I never even thought to capture the moment with photos.  Good thing I have wonderful memories to keep with me forever.

We kicked off Saturday with some Intelligentsia Coffee from my brother (oh how I miss Chicago!) along with some scrumptious Pumpkin Pancakes as we enjoyed a leisurely morning at home.  The men ran some errands while the ladies watched the boys and then we switched roles, allowing the men to feed the boys and get them down for a nap while we got my birthday watch sized, spent some of the birthday cash from my momma on some kitchen gadgets, and picked up wine and beer for the party we planned to attend that night.  Greek take-out for lunch kept our bellies happy!

Check out the fun these guys had together...


We hope Scott is family soon!  :-)

We spent the afternoon lounging by the pool, enjoying good company!  I wish my sister and I lived in the same town and could hang out all the time.


Sorry for the napping photo, Scott, but I was happy to see how relaxed you were.  We always hope our guests have a relaxing time.

The fun continued as we attended the most wonderful dinner party, thanks to our awesome friend Cecilia and her husband Donnie, that night.  No detail was left untouched and we had an incredibly memorable time celebrating friendships and birthdays.  What an amazing day!!


Check out Cecilia's awesome set-up.  It was breathtaking!  What a great group of people we were surrounded by.  I can't imagine a more perfect dinner party.  The beef tenderloin was cooked to perfection, the sides everyone brought were mouthwateringly delicious, and the cake was the perfect compliment to it all.  And did I mention the yummy champagne and wine?  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!  I'm so glad Abigail and Scott were able to meet our fabulous friends.  And thanks to our AMAZING babysitters who cared for our boys so that we could enjoy our night out.  You are more appreciated than you'll ever know.  What a fun packed Saturday!

Today kicked off with more yummy coffe, a quick 3 mile run to pick-up bagel sandwiches for breakfast, (You know me...gotta keep up with my half-marathon training plan.   Thank goodness there wasn't a long run scheduled for this weekend!) and a leisurely bike ride to show off our neighborhood to Scott and Abigail while we helped the boys relax a bit.  They fell asleep in their bike seats as usual.  So cute!

We squeezed in a quick lunch at Carsons before they had to hit the road to catch their flight.  Wings, beer, and pizza were the perfect way to finish off our weekend together.

Thanks to all my amazing family and friends for a memorable weekend.  I am so blessed by all the amazing people God has placed in my life.  I hope I return your kindness and make you feel as loved as you make me feel.  I will never forget this amazing weekend!

Mickey, Scott, Abigail and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment