Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Brother Got Married!!!

The weekend before Christmas found us on a plane en route to Indiana for a very exciting weekend...Aaron was getting married!


We arrived on Thursday morning and were glad we got there in time to help with some last minute details.  Abigail won the award for hot gun queen...


...Aaron got best penmanship...


...Jenny snagged best organization for guests...


...and I think my numbers on the table tents and my assistance with the photo booth props was pretty darn stellar as well ;-)...


It was fun to have us all together to help out with the wedding prep.  I LOVE my family!

Friday found us helping get the reception venue ready.  The boys were big fans of the stage...


Friday night's rehearsal went well.  This time the boys even practiced walking down the aisle...


...and the rehearsal dinner was a blast at Tin Man Brewing Company...





....Aaron even surprised the boys with some fantastic gifts which were right up their alley...


My dad made us all tear up and my Grandpa even surprised us with a few words about Aaron.  He's one of the funniest men I know.  Love him!!


Before we knew it, it was time to rest up for the big day.  

All 11 bridesmaids had fun getting dolled up all morning and soon it was time to witness the first look (love this idea of the photographer catching the groom seeing the bride for the first time) before hopping aboard the party bus for some photos around town.  I can't wait to see the finished photos.  We hit up some great spots around Evansville and I'm positive their photographer snagged some amazing shots.  I was impressed by him style....very modern and unique!

While the bridal party was getting ready all together, the boys got ready with Mickey at the hotel... 


...I must say I have a fantastic catch in Mickey.  Didn't he do a fantastic job getting them all snazzed up and ready??  I hear they turned some heads walking out of the hotel :-).  

I made sure to snap a few selfies with my little studs prior to the ceremony...

...and couldn't resist nabbing a few shots of them with my brother as well...

  



...the sure do love their Uncle Aaron!
I made sure to document myself with some of my other favorite people as well...





My mom was glowing with pride that day and I don't think that smile left my brother's face all day either...


The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and perfect with a message that couldn't have been more perfect.  It was an honor to get to be a part of it...


They had the most fantastic sparkler exit from the church...


...it was the coolest exit I've ever seen.  

Once the ceremony was over, we all relaxed a little bit with some fun on the party bus and some mandatory fireball shots...


...that time on the bus with the bridal party might have been my favorite part of the whole weekend.  They have a fantastic group of family and friends.  We were all smiling and laughing the entire time.  It was a bus literally crammed full of love and it made my heart so happy for them...
  
The fun didn't end there.  Our bus delivered us to the reception which was in a beautiful lodge-style building at Burdette Park...


The food was delicious, the DJ kept everyone dancing.  Some of us slowly...


...and some of us with a bit more energy...




...the place was packed to the gills with smiling faces...

   

...every detail was beautiful, including these two...


...and these two ;-)...


....and we all had blast celebrating the newlyweds and putting my photo booth props to use... 

  


We all partied til we dropped...


I am so glad my grandparents were able to make it.  They say they're never traveling again and I don't think they couldn't have picked a more perfect last hurrah to their traveling days...


Oh and in case you ever need entertainment, my dad has volunteered to be the agent for these two little entertainers...




...they never met a microphone they didn't like...thank goodness this random one wasn't on :-).  

It was a fantastic wedding and I am so happy for my brother and new sister.  I've got the most incredible group of siblings.  Like I told my brother, it's pretty amazing when your siblings who you grew up being annoyed with become some of your most favorite people in the world.  I'm incredibly blessed...


Stay tuned for more holiday festivities recaps :-).  




No comments:

Post a Comment