Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hoping For A Cold Front

Remember last week when I complained about the weather...???  This is me, still complaining about the weather, only now I've got a problem with the heat AND the rain.   91 degrees at almost 8 pm at the end of September...


...not exactly what I was hoping for.  Poor me, I know, haha.  I feel better now :-)  

Over the weekend, we managed to find lots of time to get outside to look at the clouds...


... and ride our bikes...


We even found ourselves a new little racetrack to ride around...


...it's a good time.  

Obviously, the pool was an unavoidable source of outdoor entertainment... 


...we made sure to take advantage of the last day of the water park season...


...we will definitely be taking advantage of those passes again next year.  

We also had some fun with friends at a bbq.  How cute are they all on the dock...


...we had such a nice time and thankfully there was a gorgeous breeze coming off the water...


This week brought lots of rain with it, but in between rain showers, we made it out for a few bike rides...


...and a couple of trips to the park...




...we had some good giggles when as we took cover under the pavilion when the rain snuck up on us...



In between all the rain, we were also able to get in both of our weekly story times.  The featured stories for our morning group were...


....the mermaid books was even more entertaining than I anticipated.  Kids are so intrigued by fantasy.  It's fun!


The evening group enjoyed....



...Eric Carle is always a hit.  

THE highlight of our rainy week was a visit from my great aunt and uncle, the boys' great GREAT aunt and uncle.  It was incredibly special....


Some other random things that made me smile this week included the sunflowers a friend gave me that brightened up this dreary week...


...and this "picture" Colton made for Uncle Aaron's wedding...


...we just had to send him a picture of it :-).  It's fun to have them just as excited for the upcoming celebration as I am.  Happy weekend!!!!  I hear there's some cooler weather coming.  Here's to hoping we can get some temps in the low 70s sometime soon :-)...fingers crossed.











No comments:

Post a Comment