Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Self-Proclaimed Long Weekend

We kicked off our weekend right a little early with dinner out on Thursday night...nothing like getting a head start, huh??  Dining with these two goofballs never ceases to be an adventure...


...I'm pretty sure that cranberry juice was chock full of high fructose corn syrup cause the boys were bouncing off the walls.  Check out Mason's dancing hands...haha!

Friday's mellow mood carried over into Friday night...I wasn't kidding when I said we started our weekend early.  It was a lazy day with a post-flu shot stop at the coffee shop, a visit with a good friend, and a quiet night at home with my boys.  This is how one of our boys chose to watch his show... 


...oh my!  They sure do love being naked.  

Saturday got off to a rainy start so I ditched my plans for a workout and had some crafting fun with the boys instead.  Check out our monsters...

 

...fun, huh?  

We finally got motivated to go get some breakfast and run a couple of errands, which included picking up the mugs we made with Abigail last week at Stuart Ceramics...



...they're a big hit with the boys and I have to admit they turned out pretty well...


...we're looking forward to going back closer to Christmas to make some ornaments.

We spent most of the rest of our day around the house.  I tackled some piyo and did a little more crafting with the boys...ghosts this time...


....can you tell we're excited for Halloween?  

I finished out my night with a girls night out to celebrate my birthday.  It was fun to get out and chat it up with my girlfriends.  They're such a fun group...


...never underestimate the power of fellow mom friends.  They are an incredible support group and a ton of fun too.

This mornings better weather called for a morning run with the boys.  I may or may not have bribed them with a promised stop at Dunkin donuts.  :-)  I got my sweat on while my boys ate donuts...I know it's not the healthiest thing for them but I'm pretty sure we all had a great time.  

Don't worry, they got their exercise too later in the pool while I kicked up my feet and watched them :-)  Now it's time to curl up on the couch with my man and watch the Dolphins game while chowing down these wings and blue cheese...


....our last hurrah before we tackle the whole30 tomorrow...I guess you could call it a whole30 eve :-).  This time, my man's along for the ride too.  Fingers crossed we make it.  Happy football Sunday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment