Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Already??

How is it Sunday afternoon already??  This weekend has gone so quickly it feels like a blur.  Guess that means its time to quickly pack in some more fun before it's over including a quick blog post of our weekend so far...

Friday night kicked off with a glorious date night with my husband.  Time alone without the kids is always precious and we enjoyed it to the fullest along with a couple delicious glasses of wine...


...and some yummy pizza from Carmelas.  It's always fun for us to go there since it's the scene of our first date and full of good memories of me telling my husband he's not my type :-)  Little did I know huh?

We were up and at 'em Saturday morning with a quick workout before tackling the day.  I didn't get started til after the boys were awake so they decided to join me in my fun...


...I love setting a good example of them and love that they think exercise is not only important, but fun too.  I hope they never lose that.

After working up a sweat, we cooled off for a bit in the pool.  We taught the boys a new word while we were at it...


....skinnydipping :-)  They thought it was hysterical and NO we did not join them in their fun.

We had some errands to tackle that took up the rest of our morning and before we knew it, it was nap time.  I joined the boys for nap time.  It was glorious!!  

We woke up in time to join our friends for a night of bowling.  Five families, all including 3 year old boys, bowling, and black lights....I don't think I need to tell you it was a very entertaining time :-)  


Most of us were bowling with at least one child attached to our side or spent our time making sure only one ball was going down the kids lane at a time.  It was hysterical!  Good thing we're a very non-competitive, family-friendly bunch.  Mason especially liked that when you get tired of carrying around those big heavy balls, you can just sit down and watch the giant TVs at the end of the lane... 


...what's not to love???  I can't wait til our next bowling night.  We might just have to get matching shirts haha.

After a couple of late nights in a row, our morning got off to a very slow start today.  I had every intention of getting my workout out of the way but somehow got sucked in to joining these boys on the floor watching them play cars while I drank 2 cups of coffee while they were still hot.  


It was FABULOUS and I didn't regret one second of my lazy morning.  My dad got that rug for the boys.  Isn't it cool???

We finally got our butts in gear an out the door to the beach for a little fun in the sun and fresh air this morning...

  

I'm glad we didn't let the little rain shower we drove through on the way there discourage us because it was a GORGEOUS day for the beach.  

I'm pretty sure the boys think one of the best parts of the beach is the shower that doubles as their "truck wash"...


It was a slow ride home when we got stuck following some kind of bike race home...


...it reminded me I still needed to get my workout in, thanks guys :-)  But before a workout, we had a little picnic and took a quick dip in the pool...


...followed by a quick outdoor shower to get that out of the way for the day... 


...once again, they had fun in the shower.  Why do they get so wild when they're naked??   Silly boys!!

And now they're napping which means its time for me to finally tackle that looming workout.  T25 Rip't Circuit here I come...good thing it's one of my favorites and it's only 25 minutes long.  :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment