Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Silly Boys and Stuffy Noses

It's been another typically busy week here in Plankerville...I feel like a broken record.  Thank goodness it's almost the weekend and a long one to boot!  SOOO excited!!!

Tuesday morning started off on a good note.  We were sharing a car with Mickey and had to drop him off at work which meant we got a nice, early start to the day. FYI...the Fresh Market is a delight to shop in at 8:00 in the morning :-)  

After grocery shopping and delivering the goods to our house, our next stop was story time for some dog story fun...


Fun, as always!  

We then squeezed in a quick stop to a birthday party at the beach before it was time to take the car back to Mickey...


It was a nice little pow-wow on a gorgeous day... 


We stayed around home the rest of the day doing typical stuff...workouts, naps, etc.  We squeezed in a bit more fun at night as we finished up our day with a trip to the baseball game where the boys were their usual silly selves.  

We started off with a little game of ring around the fountain...


...then got to work with the silliness... 


...faces only a mother could love, right?  haha... 


I decided to join in on the fun... 


We figured out how to make a megaphone out of the lemonade cup...


...I'm sure the players in the on-deck circle right in front of us were grateful :-)  

Of course we had to check out the backhoe that was outside the stadium... 


...a little slice of boy heaven :-)

Wednesday morning brought fevers to Plankerville so we stayed close to home, getting as much rest as possible.   It's tough when the boys are sick but they've been troopers for the most part.  

While playing with sidewalk chalk outside, Colton surprised me by writing his name... 


He even used lower case letter...it was mind blowing for me, especially since he's never very interested in drawing or coloring.  I think we found our secret weapon with sidewalk chalk!!  

Colton was feeling better than Mason, so while Mason napped, Colton rode his bike...


...everyone seemed content and I figured the fresh air was good for us.  

The rest of our day was spent doing the produce thing and story time.  I tackled story time by myself and left the boys at home to rest up some more with Mickey and hopefully keep the rest of our little friends away from our germs.    The featured stories were...


...it was an animal theme, as you can tell.  :-)

This morning got off to an excellent start with an early morning workout, my favorite from T25--upper focus.  


I love a good upper body workout and this one is incredible.  It was sweat-tastic!

The boys both woke up with fevers but are definitely on the mend so we ventured out to the grocery store... 


and then did a little scooter riding...


...and running... 


...at our new secret spot :-)  The boys got extra silly falling down on purpose... 


...pretty entertaining stuff. ;-) It's a wonder what some sunshine on their skin and fresh air in their lungs can do for them.  God's pretty amazing with his natural gifts!!

We've spent the rest of our day at home playing and reading books.  I decided to tackle some chores while the boys ate their lunch...


...but my vacuum cleaner had a different idea...whoopsies!  Guess the rest of that chore will have to wait.  I'm pretty sure Mickey thinks I did it on purpose since he knows its my least favorite chore I have to do on a regular basis.  Don't worry, he's already figured out how he can fix it for me...haha!  Gotta love a man who's handy.  

I did my lower body 21Day Fix workout instead :-)...only a couple more days of trying to do both programs.  It's wearing me out!!

Now it's time to head out for some sunshine for myself while the boys nap and I wait for Miriam to get here and the weekend fun to begin.  That's right...we're getting a head start on the weekend tonight.  The fun continues with Aaron's arrival tomorrow...looks like it should be a fantastic weekend...and I  can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment