Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

A Weekend Well Spent

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but we had another great weekend spent  packing in as much fun as possible.  We started the fun on Thursday with a morning stroller run to the park...


...we followed up that fun with a brunch with some friends.  The rest of the day was spent doing the usual Thursday stuff, groceries, nap time, chores, etc.  

Friday morning kicked off with a stop at the library for story time and some bubble chasing fun...  


...we're still on the lookout for a book heavy story time.  My boys just aren't into the songs and finger plays but they sure do LOVE books.  It's not easy to find in story times, including the one I lead.  They're not your typical kiddos so they typical story time doesn't really appeal to them...guess we'll just keep doing our own at home and keep venturing out every once in a while to see if their interests change.  

They did get a kick out of the toys they could play with after story time... 

...at "their" library after we left the other library.  Yes, I gave in and took them to their comfort zone :-)
Friday we tested out a little Pinterest-inspired painting project....


...four leaf clover stamps made out of toilet paper rolls.  It worked!!

We finished up Friday with a nap-time stroller run followed by adult beverages and mexican food at Rancho Chico...


YUM!

We did a little shopping at Target after dinner and found some pretty fun hats...


...I hope I can get them on clearance after St. Patricks Day.  Aren't they cute??

Saturday morning kicked off with one of our favorite activities...




...we built bird houses at Lowes.  The buckets were a hit.  So were the goggles... 



...love my little safety guys :-)  Future scientists??!!

The fun continued as we headed south to Jupiter for a Spring Training game.  I love that we live so close to all of that excitement.  The Cardinals/Nationals game did not disappoint. Our seats were FANTASTIC...


...we caught some baseballs from the players...


...we got in a good dose of star gazing...


...and even got to see the guy from my hometown pitch...


...always cool to see someone from your hometown doing something amazing.   Needless to say, the boys fell asleep in the car on the way home...


 They did finally wake up and we managed to squeeze in a yummy dinner at Duffys before heading out for our last event of the day, the movie in the park...


...Turbo was a cute movie and it was so fun to watch in under the stars in Memorial Park.  There was a great turnout.  I hope the city of Stuart took note of the interest in this kind of thing and continues to entertain us in this fashion.  It was a great family event.

The fun continued Sunday morning with a bike ride to visit the Nina and the Pinta in downtown Stuart.  The boys had fun checking out the ship...



 ...and I tried not to be a total worry wart, thinking they were going to fall off the ship...


....Needless to say, this scaredy-cat kept them close... 


I'm glad we made the effort to check them out while they were docked in our town...




 ...I recommend you check them out if they venture into your neck of the woods.  

Next up was a stop at the park to enjoy the gorgeous day some more.  The tire swing was a big hit on this visit...


...before we knew it, it was time to head back home on the bikes to get ready for the next part of our day, a birthday party for a friend.  The big hit at that party was the motorized four wheeler...


Trying to roll through the sandy soil and pine needles was sometimes a team effort... 


...and the boys didn't bat an eye at the color of the bike.  So cute!

After all that fun, you'd think a nap would have come easily but we had to coerce them into a nap with a little stroller ride...


...works every time.  We even got some time to sit at the coffee shop after our run and talk without interruption while they continued to nap.  I'd say that's a success.  

We finished our day with some snuggle time on the couch, complete with viking helmets...


It was hard to see the weekend end.  We had so much fun.

Today was back to the routine...play group, errands, etc.  We did manage to find some time for some fun at home though too, including bubbles compliments of the party yesterday...


...the boys played with friends and continued to resist arts and crafts.  This was all they managed to make during craft time...



...yet they were very excited about painting the birdhouses they built on Saturday...


...we couldn't leave any spots unpainted.  They definitely keep me guessing.  

I had some fun myself while they played.  I had an extremely successful target trip where I got all this for $35...


...gotta love sales, coupons, and clearance.  4 shirts for the boys, a bag of coffee, a big bag of organic chicken nuggets, bacon, eggs, tuna, 2 eye shadows, peanut butter, relish, tortilla chips, and craisins.  Not bad, if I say so myself.  I love trips like that.  I saved over 50%.  

I also got in a great P90X3 workout this morning as well as a nap-time run thanks to the lovely time change and my boys that want nothing to do with napping an hour earlier than normal in their minds.  I'd say the week is off to a great start.  Time to hit the hay and hopefully finish my book club book before we meet tomorrow night :-)  













   





No comments:

Post a Comment