Search This Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Some of My Favorite Things - Toddler Christmas Edition

With twin two and a half year old boys, this Christmas season has been especially magical so far.  The excitement of the season is very real for the boys and I'm having a blast experiencing the excitement and wonder of this wonderful time of year with them.  I won't bore you with everything we've done, but here are some of our favorite things we've found to make our holiday season extra special...

You know us and our love our books.  Here are some of our favorite Christmas books...


  


Some of our favorite movies included...



We definitely got crafty these season.  These crafts were kid-friendly and fun for all of us...

This fantastic kit...

  

...resulted in this lovely house...


a first for both the boys and me.  Fun stuff!!

We also had fun making Rudolphs with our hand and foot prints...


These cute little guys are easy enough for a 2 1/2 year to assemble independently once everything is cut out....



This one took quite a bit of help from me, but I'm very happy with the results and the keepsake we now have...


....thanks Pinterest for the inspiration.  

We enjoyed lots of yummy treats too.  The biggest hits was the following...

Cut-out cookies for santa...


hand decorated by my talented toddlers...


...using a tried out a recipe from Rachael Ray's Everyday magazine...


...it got 8 thumbs up from our family.  Delish!  Check out the finished product...


We've also eaten more than our share of white chocolate and peppermint covered pretzel thins.  I have to hide them from the boys, they're that good.  

I see some potential traditions getting started in our house and it makes my heart happy.  What are some of your favorite Christmas activities??  















No comments:

Post a Comment