Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Last Weekend Before Christmas

It's the last few days before Christmas...woohoo!!  I'm not gonna lie, it's still sometimes hard to get into the Christmas spirit when it's in the 80s outside.  Most days of the year, I'd take sunscreen over snowpants, but there's something about being cold at Christmas that makes it a little bit better.  At least next year we'll get a cold Christmas in Indiana.  This year, I'll just count my blessings and catch some rays.  We took advantage of the gorgeous weather on Friday and hit the pavement for a run to our drumming party with Miss Rabe...


Don't miss next week's class!

In case you're interested in her other offerings, here's her schedule for the winter session...
Rabe Cogsil Cogsil@aol.com 772-349-1799SCHEDULE for Jan 2014------5 weeks=$50 Start week of Jan.7 End week of Feb.5 Tuesdays---------9:00-10:00 toddlers-emphasis on sign Language within activitiesTuesdays--------10:30-11:30 33 months plus Tuesdays---*12:45-2:00--4 month olds to reserved beginner walkers (safe environment for all)Wednesdays------9:00-10:00 toddlers and siblings Wednesdays----10:45-11:45 (time can be arranged around participants)
*= class starts for each family when they arrive- user friendly start and stop class format
5 weeks -$75 VPK Students or EAGER 3 YEAR OLDS
12:45-1:45 (DAY tba) Each class has 3-6 students and studies TONE BELLS No instrument is needed
*= class starts for each family when they arrive- user friendly start and stop class format5 weeks -$75 VPK Students or EAGER 3 YEAR OLDS 12:45-1:45 (DAY tba) Each class has 3-6 students and studies TONE BELLS No instrument is needed*= class starts for each family when they arrive- user friendly start and stop class format5 weeks -$75 VPK Students or EAGER 3 YEAR OLDS 12:45-1:45 (DAY tba) Each class has 3-6 students and studies TONE BELLS No instrument is needed
We headed to the park after music class for some more outdoor fun...


It was a fun morning and we all returned home sunkissed and happy.  Unfortunately, things started to go downhill after naps when the Mason woke up with a fever.  The darn bug that's going around finally got its hold on us...bummer!  

We spent most of the rest of the day snuggled up...


Sambucol and Motrin to the rescue...


...if you haven't tried this stuff for colds, I highly recommend it.  I'm a believer!

I was able to squeeze in a bit of fun with some girlfriends at a cookie exchange that night.  It was nice to enjoy a glass of wine and catch up with the girls.  

Our original plan was to go to SeaWorld on Saturday to check out the special Christmas shows but we ended up staying close to home, with our major outing of the day being a trip to Publix.  It's almost as exciting as SeaWorld, right??

We did venture around the block on the bikes for some fresh air but that's about as much excitement the boys got.  They were just too beat to do much else.


I got a little stir crazy come nap time and decided to tackle my long run that afternoon in hopes of being able to sleep in on Sunday morning...


MapMyRun told me I did a good job...I agree!  It's definitely not my fastest but it's done and I'm ready for the half marathon.  Bring on taper time!!  And things went according to plan...I got to sleep in til 7 this morning.  Woohoo!!

This morning, the boys woke up fever-free but still congested so we hit up the beach to breathe the salty air and get some vitamin D...







...it was GORGEOUS out there today.  My secret plan is to see the beach every day in the next two weeks while Mickey is home.  Wish me luck!

While we were over there, we checked out the new playground too...


...even Mickey had fun, haha...


I think it's better suited for my littler love bugs, don't you???...


We rounded out our morning with a couple of errands before calling it good and heading back home for some R and R...for the guys at least.  I did squeeze in a quick, fantastic, upper body workout that looked like this...


I have a feeling I'll be squeezing in this quick, intense workout again over the holidays...short and effective!

I tackled a few other chores and now it's time for some R and R for me.  I see a family bike ride in our future now that Mickey fixed his bike.  Gotta take advantage of the sunshine :-)  















No comments:

Post a Comment