Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Fun

It seems like Mondays are always kind of a bummer these days...the weekend is over, Mickey has to go back to work, and the relaxed weekend atmosphere that revolves around family time takes a backseat to the busyness of the work week.  The fun stuff (like bottling beer, haha) diminishes significantly during the week...


...I can't wait to try his pumpkin ale.  Yum!!   

We had lots of fun with these monkey sticker scenes this weekend too...


...they were a LIFESAVER at dinner Saturday night...kept the boys attention the whole time we waited for our food.  We need to invest in this cool stuff!!

At least we usually manage to make time for some nightly snuggles on the couch, no matter how busy life gets...


I'm not gonna lie...we anticipate 5:00 all day long these days :-)  I get an extra set of hands and an adult to talk to and the boys get some guy time with their favorite man...good stuff.  

In an attempt to start my week off on the right foot, I drug myself out of bed at 5 am to get in my cardio  before it was Mickey's turn to hit the road for his run.  I cranked out 45 minutes on the elliptical while reading our current book club choice...


...it's getting really good.  So far, I highly recommend it.  Definitely helps to have something to distract me from the tediousness of the elliptical as I get in some cross training.   Tomorrow's my turn for the 6 am window of exercise opportunity instead of the 5 am window.  Yay!

Speaking of workouts, I tried this one out yesterday and it was FANTASTIC...


...you can find more details here. 

After breakfast, it was time to meet up with some friends at the pumpkin patch...


They had a great storyteller who kept our attention in the shade for a bit, which was a nice treat...


...thanks, Dana, for the family shot :-)

Check them out last year at the pumpkin patch...



...what a difference a year makes!!

I don't think I'll ever get used to 90 degree weather while we pick out our pumpkins.  This time of year always makes me a little homesick, since fall is my favorite season, but I know the cool weather will get here soon and I'm grateful I don't have to deal with months of bitter cold but get fall-like weather all "winter" long here. 

After the pumpkin patch, the kids got to play with their friends while I ran some errands.  We're still working on the "kind hands" thing in these parts so I'm not sure their friends were thrilled to play with them, but I'm grateful for all the supportive friends who are helping us through this rough stage of parenting.  Raising toddler boys is TOUGH these days!!!

Check out the pumpkins they made with their friends...


...once again, Mason decided to give his pumpkin a sad face...silly boy!

We spent the rest of our afternoon around the house doing our usual stuff.  I even managed to squeeze in a bonus Shaun T workout--upper body focus this afternoon...


...love those short, intense workouts.  

I also got in some tutoring with one of my favorite students...definitely a highlight of the week.  Now rock that social studies test, girl!!

Time to ditch the computer and join the family on the couch....








No comments:

Post a Comment