Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Living For The Weekend

While Mickey was gone, I used to dread weekends.  It always seemed like everyone else was with their families which made me VERY aware of how lonely I was.  That's not the case any more and I am incredibly grateful that our family is complete again.  We got spoiled during the month of September and had him home and all to ourselves...it was like one giant weekend.  October found Mickey back in the office and us back into our regular routine where we live for the weekends, trying to squeeze in as much family time as possible.  This weekend, I feel like we did a fantastic job of taking advantage of the extra downtime.

Saturday morning kicked off bright and early with Mickey tackling the yard, with a little help from the earlybird Colton, haha...


while the rest of us tackled getting breakfast going.  Then it was time to head to Home Depot to build some airplanes...


...we've got some serious workers in this family :-)  They had some cute displays set up for picture-taking.  Too bad it's so hard to get a good picture of both of them looking at the camera...



Did you notice their shirts by the way???  It's a big game for Northwestern University today.  We had to show some love for my brother Aaron and his team...


Go 'Cats!  We're rooting for you!!!

You better believe we had to check out the lawn mowers while we were there...


They're country boys at heart :-)  

Next stop, Starbucks...


...as tempting as the cookies and pumpkin spice lattes were, I was a good girl and got a black venti iced americano.  I'll splurge next time...

We popped our other favorite place, The Fresh Market, on our way home for some Saturday Specials before going home for some fun in the sun...


Colton coached Mason and told him he needed to work on him swing :-) 


After seeing tons of posts on Facebook about various people's 5ks this morning, I was feeling inspired and decided to torture myself with a short run in the heat of the day while the boys were napping...

  

I've got some work to do before my next 5k...but hopefully it won't be in almost 90 degree weather either.   My first 2 miles were good at a 7 min mile pace but I faded fast in the last mile.  Gotta work on my speed work a bit...but you know me, I love a good challenge.  

After naps, we squeezed in a trip on our bikes to the park...


...the boys get more daring by the day, especially with Daddy's encouragement.  We made sure to stop for some refreshments at Stuart Coffee Company before heading home for dinner...


...hard to be 2 for 1s at happy hour.  Too bad the chocolate milk isn't 2 for 1 as well.  At least it's organic :-)

We finished up our day with homemade fish and chips while watching the Northwestern game...great game and a bummer of a loss.

Today kicked off bright and early (a little too early after staying up til midnight watching the game) with a easy 6 mile run with my running buddy...


I am hooked on this whole social running thing.  The miles FLY by with company.  I love the multitasking aspect of it.  

A fever for Mason and coughs for both boys kept us home from church (don't think the germs are welcome at Sunday School) so we grabbed the bikes and headed out for some fresh air on our way to grab a breakfast of champions at Dunkin' Donuts instead...I splurged and got cream in my coffee this morning.    Those egg white flatbreads aren't too shabby either, friends.  It's Sunday after all ;-)

We also swung in Big Lots on a hunt for a iPhone case for Mickey.  We failed in the case department for him, but I found a new one and some other fun goodies, as usual, instead.  Bonus--everything was an additional 20% off today.

While we were out, the boys requested Starbucks and who am I to turn them down, haha?!  


A new truck from Big Lots and chocolate milk...this boy with a cold is in HEAVEN!!   2 coffees for me today...I was in heaven too...


Colton and Daddy continued their errands while I got some Mason and Mommy fever-fighting time.  He wasn't interested in cuddling and requested a bike ride instead.  I figured the fresh air might do him some good so I agreed...


...check out that focus!  He covered at least a mile on that little bike today.  Like mother like son--  Love it!

Mickey came home with chicken wings, our favorite football-watching food, YUM!  Too bad the Dolphins lost.  The rest of our afternoon is dedicated to football, relaxation, and family time...and of course a couple of beers....like I said, it's Sunday after all :-)   I had high hopes for this one but it was pretty disappointing...


...way too sweet.  Maybe I should put it over ice???  I'm hoping the pumpkin version is more impressive and doesn't make me regret getting the sampler pack.  

Hope your weekend was fantastic!








































No comments:

Post a Comment