Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday Fun!

This morning I got started on the right foot with a quick cup of coffee before tackling one of my favorite quickie workouts these days...


I've been a Shaun T fan since the Insanity days and these workouts are like a condensed version of them.  Simple, effective, hard-core workouts---PERFECT if you ask me.  And you've always got 25 minutes, right??

I've only just played around with it, haven't really followed the plan yet, and today I chose...


It was a great way to start my day!

After scarfing down my breakfast (leftovers from yesterday's breakfast date) we hit the road for story time.  Today's featured stories were...


My boys LOVE rhyming books like Stretch.  They are starting to be able to guess the rhyming words that are coming to complete the sentences in the books.  Fun stuff!!  Doreen Cronin never disappoints!  They also like the repetition and silliness of What Did You Put in Your Pocket...great stuff for toddlers. 

Oh, and my new bubble blower was a hit...hooray!!  I keep the bubble industry in business.  They never get old.  Ah, to be a kid again!!

After story time, we headed off for a fantastic music class.  While waiting for class, the boys had fun playing with the phone...


How cute are they???

I'm really starting to see the musical lessons clicking for my boys and it's so cool to be a part of their learning experience.  I love that Miss Rabe has started teaching them musical terms and concepts like recognizing treble clef and where it belongs on the music paper as well as quarter note and eighth note rhythms, etc.  It's amazing what she can do while tolerating and so positively redirecting their typical 2 1/2 year shenanigans at class.  We LOVE Miss Rabe!!


I'm taking full advantage of having my man home full time one more week and we ran some errands that are easier done with the buddy system before stopping into the gym quickly before lunch.  

I had a great second workout of the day rotating 5 minutes on the elliptical at a moderately challenging pace and resistance with rounds of 50 kettlebell swings with a 20 lb kettlebell.  Good stuff!!

With lunch behind us, Mickey at a meeting, the boys tucked in for nap time and some ridiculous rain going on outside, I'm savoring some downtime and planning to get some book club reading done.  So far this is a light-hearted, entertaining read...


...curious to see where it's headed.  I'll keep you posted.  



No comments:

Post a Comment