Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Packing It In

We've been continuing our trend of packing it all in the last couple of days.  We kicked off Labor Day with a yummy pancake breakfast...


...before spending the morning at the local splash park...


...Mason killed it on the water slide...


...Colton is still his typical cautious self but he's coming around :-)  

We spent our evening hanging out with good friends eating bison burgers...YUM!!  It was a fantastic Labor Day filled with family and relaxation.

Yesterday I was up with the sun and decided to squeeze in a run before our crazy morning began...


I'm so thankful cooler mornings are starting to make an appearance in these parts...cooler meaning less than 90 degrees...haha!

The boys were still sleeping when it was time to head to story time so lucky Mickey got to stay home with them and let them sleep while I entertained the kiddos with some music and these books...



After story time, it was time for music class... 


 ...as usual, the drums were our favorite part!  It was fun to have the whole family there again to get in on the action... 

 
 We sure are loving all of our family time...


Miss Rabe even let us play her coveted "big black drum"...score!!


 Things started to go downhill a bit in the health department after music class as our runny noses turned into fevers and droopy eyes too...poor guys!!  Thank goodness for snuggle time on the couch and our good friend Netflix...
 

I did manage to sneak away for a bit to join my book club last night to discuss our latest book choice...


It's not my typical genre but I enjoyed it.  I'm also really looking forward to this month's book choice...


I can't wait to get started...probably not today though since it looks like I might be playing nurse for a little while longer.  Going to try to enjoy the extra snuggles today...and count my blessings that my husband is here to help me out.   Praying we don't catch it too...

I've got a pumpkin roasting in the oven...trying to decide whether to make soup or bread with it?!?! Or both?!  Decisions, decisions, decisions... What's your favorite pumpkin recipe????










No comments:

Post a Comment