Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Keeping Myself Busy

I think this is going to be the LONGEST week of my life.  Here's to keeping myself busy, hoping the time flies by...and hoping I can find a way to relax.  

Here's how I tried to keep myself busy this morning...


...seriously, who bakes cookies at 7:44 if the morning?!  This crazy girl! I used this recipe for flour-less peanut butter cookies and they were GOOD!!!  It was actually my sneaky way of getting rid of the peanut butter that I keep finding myself snacking on.  Keep an eye on the mail, Miriam...you've got some yummy cookies headed your way.

We also took a little trip to Big Lots this morning.  We were on a mission to find some goggles but all we ended up finding were some banana chips (one of the boys' favorite treats)...


...and this spray aloe...


...seems pretty cool if I do say so myself.  I picked up some of the sunscreen by this brand last week, since it was super cheap and didn't contain oxybenzone and was impressed.  I hope the aloe spray follows suit.

Since the weather looked like this before the boys were even awake...


...I decided to take my run to the dreaded treadmill...


...I'm learning to tolerate it a little better, especially now that I keep my headphones in my purse so I can't forget them.  Along with watching a little Kathie Lee and Hoda as well as a bit of Rachel Ray on TV, I threw in some hills and a few sprints to keep things interesting.  I finished up my workout with some upper body weights.   I was hoping that would take care of some of my anxious energy but I'm still a basket case today.  Oh well...

We spent the rest of our pre-nap time the best way we know how when its 90 degrees outside...


With sweltering temps like we've been having, these special treats for my favorite man are starting to look pretty darn tasty to me too...


...all in good time. I'm sticking to water for now :-)  

Time to try to get some reading in before the boys are back up.  I'm really enjoying this month's book club choice so far...












No comments:

Post a Comment