Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ugh, Sunday.....

What is it about Sundays??  They seem to be the roughest days for us to get through.  Maybe my expectations of having a relaxed care-free day set me up for disappointment.  Who knows?!  I just know Sundays haven't seemed to go my way lately.

On the other hand, our our Friday evening and Saturday turned out to be pretty fantastic.  Friday night we made it to the park and had the run of the place.


Their favorite features of the park are the truck they can drive and the whale...


They also like to sit on the bench and wait for a train to come by...


As soon as they hear the whistle, the find a good spot to watch from.  While waiting, we snapped a happy photo...


...and at last the train came by.  SCORE!


On Saturday, we got a early morning chat in with the man in our lives and a little bit of coloring on the chalkboard which gave the boys messy hands...







...before hitting the pavement for a quick run to the gym where I tortured my upper body for quickly with this circuit...


I completed each superset 3 times and rested as little as possible.  I tried to go heavy with the weights too.  Afterwards, we hit the road to run back home.  It drizzled a bit on the way home which was a welcome relief from the heat.

We cleaned up quickly and headed to this guy's first birthday party...


The mustache-themed party was pretty funny and we're glad we got to be a part of it.  I always love a kid-friendly opportunity to catch up with my friends.


On the way home from the party, we stopped at another friend's house for some play time and lunch.  Thank God for all the wonderful friends we have in our lives.  It was so much fun to catch up with them and we had the BEST afternoon.  Needless to say, the boys passed out as soon as we got in the car to head home...


I drove around for over an hour, sipping on a frappuccino, before deciding to go for it and meet a friend to watch the Preakness and the helicopter ball drop at a golf tournament that is near and dear to our hearts.  I was glad we got to be a part of it for even just a little bit.  

The boys love the helicopter until it got close...


...then they decided to take refuge in our arms.  Thank goodness our good friend Maureen was there to help give cuddles...


We love her!!!


We all slept quite well after that busy day.  Maybe all the fun we had yesterday explains the craziness of today.  Perhaps the boys are going through full-time entertainment and cuddles withdrawal??  All while I just want some downtime...not a good combo!

After a rough start to the morning, we did manage to make it to the late service for church this morning.  Here's an example of how our morning was going...
Me: Colton, get down from that chair.
Colton: No.
Me: Mommy is in charge.  You don't say "no" to mommy.  You need to listen and obey, ok?
Colton: Yes.
Me: Who's in charge?
Colton: Jesus
Me: Silent...trying not to laugh while thinking, yes, you're right...but next in line is Mommy.  He gives me a run for my money.
Apparently, they continued their naughty streak in Sunday School class this morning too.  I NEVER get complaints about the boys but it turns out this morning they were wrestling each other in class, fighting over a toy.  It was not our morning!  

We usually run errands while we're already out and about so we hit up BJs for some replacement sunglasses since we crushed a pair with the stroller last week. We also got a couple of snacks while we there.  

Next, we swung by Target and scored some deals like these shirts for $2-$3 each...


...and the boys favorite fruit bars on clearance...


...and some almonds for me, also on clearance, that were too tempting to pass up.  We all know I love my coffee...


We were spent at the end of that trip and headed home to recharge.  We refueled with some leftovers and now the boys are napping and I'm zoning out with this blog for a bit, realizing that in the grand scheme of things, this day wasn't sooo terrible.  Nothing like getting a little perspective when you finally have the opportunity to.  Sometimes I just get so caught up in the moment.  Hey, I'm human...

Yeah, the boys might have fought A LOT this morning, and I may have lost my cool and yelled at them, but I still love them and I know they love me.  We have a God that loves us even more than we could ever imagine and forgives us when we mess up....phew!  We are blessed beyond measure and hopefully this nap will be just what the doctor ordered and the boys will wake up refreshed and less irritable while I will have recharged enough to be able to have patience with them.  

On another note, happy graduation to my littlest sister, Leah!  I'm bummed I'm not there with you today and am SO proud of you for following through on your goal.  I can't wait to see what your future has in store for you.  We love you!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment