Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lots of Smiles

I love my boys!!!  They've been giving me lots to smile about the last day...like playing nicely together on a gorgeous day...

...and wearing their fire hats in the wagon and hoping to see a real live fire truck...


My food has been making me smile too.  Check out the berries that we've been dining on for the past week.  The boys tackled berries and a waffle with yogurt dipping sauce...


...and I covered my oatmeal, bran, flax, protein powder concoction in strawberries...


... I also made another version of my salad with the lime yogurt dressing.  YUM!


Stuart is finally moving up in the world and we got an Einstein Bagels.  My free latte today made me smile too... 


And any craft the boys create brings a smile to my face as well.  They made this today at MOPS while I got to catch up with all my MOPS friends one last time before summer break...


Getting to the gym also made me smile today.  I got in a killer upper body workout, just kinda throwing it together as I went.  I followed the upper body workout with a quick 20 minutes of intervals on the elliptical.  A good sweat always seems to put a smile on my face...afterwards at least.

Something that did not make me smile--mowing the grass and doing some weed-killing and trimming during the boys' nap time.  Oh well...the good definitely outweighed the bad today.  I'm extremely grateful for a husband who takes care of the yard 90% of the time.  It would be a wasteland if it was just up to me...not my thing.

We spent our afternoon at a birthday party and had a great time painting trains, playing with friends, eating pizza and cake, and sipping on apple juice....




Here's the finished product...proof that I'm a process, not product kind of mom.  They were SO proud of their painting skills...and I was too!


Makes me smile!










No comments:

Post a Comment