Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

We Miss You Already, Abigail

When our sushi plans fell through thanks to a packed restaurant, we defaulted to dinner at Carsons and it did not disappoint.  We dined on garlic parmesan wings (he needs to sell me that sauce by the gallon) and some yummy sandwiches, of course accompanies by a yummy glass of red wine.  The boys loved the experience just as much as we did and were asking to go back to Carsons tonight.  I see another visit for takeout in our future...not sure I'm up for solo dining with the boys :-)

Today kicked off with some oatmeal pancakes before heading off to story time.  Due to technical difficulties, I didn't have my backup music and we had to sing sans music.  I hope we didn't scare anyone from coming back...I'm not much of a solo artist!  Thank goodness a couple of other moms joined in.  The featured stories today were...


SOOOO cute! And...


A great counting book.

The music may have been lacking but the bubbles were in great supply!


We came home to regroup before heading to the beach.  After bopping around to several beach locations trying to avoid the rain, we finally got lucky and were able to enjoy about 30 dry minutes with our toes in the sand on Abigail's last day here.


We had time for a quick lunch and a green juice that even the boys enjoyed (made with collards, apple, lemon and orange...YUM!)  before it was time to head to the airport.  Abigail's visit went WAAAAY to quickly.  

I always have a hard time saying goodbye to my family and I dealt with it the way I've learned works best for me...with a good sweat.  Today's workout looked like this...


I finished out my day with a Mom's Night Out with some of my MOPS momma friends at a wineglass painting event.  I kept my design simple and enjoyed the night out with some wonderful women...


Since my movie-watching buddy is gone, I guess it's time to curl up with my latest book...


So far, it's a VERY interesting read.  I have a feeling I'll be done with it soon.  What should I read next???




No comments:

Post a Comment