Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Life is Good Today

What a fabulous day!  It seems like forever since I've sat down to blog and didn't have anything to complain about.  Now, if I can just figure out how to make this a regular thing...

Before I get into today.  Let me tell you about a fabulous legs workout I worked up the motivation to tackle last night.  We were pretty late getting to the gym, and I didn't have high hopes for myself, but I ended up surprising myself and had a fantastic workout.  I'm another step closer to the stronger lower half I'm working towards.  Here's how it looked...


Our morning kicked off bright and early with a run to the park.  The boys insisted on holding their trucks for the ride and I was sure they'd want me to take them off their hands shortly into the run, but I was wrong.  They hung onto them the entire time.  


 We look much cleaner here than we did upon our return.  Hello SAND!!!  Signs of a good time, I guess.  I know I said I wasn't going to complain, so I won't but I do wonder why they have to put sand in all the parks around here.  Why not try some of that rubber tire stuff?  Or wood chips?  Just curious...

The boys were especially pleased that our run included views of water, boats, bridges, school buses, and ambulance, and lots of trucks.  That's a successful run in their books...I was happy to cover 4.5 miles.


My plans to get my run in before it was scorching hot outside were successful and we had the park to ourselves thanks to getting out early.  The boys had so much fun and ended up staying even longer than I planned because we were having so much fun.  I LOVE when that happens!


Can you guess who's who???  Mason has the dog shirt on.  


They almost sat still long enough for me to get a shot of both of them together...

We got home in time to get a chat in with Mickey, another bonus for the day, and the boys continued playing outside for most of the morning.  They even let me squeeze in a super fast upper body workout while we were out there.  It looked like this...


You can tone up every muscle in your upper body in 15 minutes with that one.  Score! 

I'm hoping all that fresh air the boys got this morning calls for an extra long nap.  That would be the icing on the cake for the day.

Our afternoon was dedicated to produce, as usual.  Pick-ups ran smoothly and everyone picked up with lots of time to spare in the pick-up window.  That has NEVER happened before!  I hope it's the new trend.  We got a LOVELY organic pineapple that I can't wait to eat.  To celebrate, I just made a super fresh green juice with loads of spinach, an orange, ten carrots, and a lemon.  


Incredibly delicious, refreshing, and 100% healthy.  Have I mentioned I love my new juicer?!?  Just found out about a potential organic wheat juice source that delivers to your house.  Our lives are about to be even healthier if it works out.  Fingers crossed...

Since I've got time to spare, I'm off to read.  My book is REALLY getting good!



  






No comments:

Post a Comment