Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Solo Story Time and Other Tuesday Happenings

This time change is doing crazy things to my kiddos.  They slept til 8:40 this morning, which is really only 7:40 before the time change, but it's amazing what a difference an hour makes.  Thankfully Leah was here to man the troops while I went to lead Story Time solo.  I have to admit..it was actually quite nice to be able to just lead story time without having to worry about keeping an eye on the boys as well.     ..so thanks to Leah for a bit of a break.  Today's featured stories were...


The boys can read this one to you.  They love it and so did all of the kids at story time. 


This is a new favorite of ours, picked up from the amazing book store in Vero.  I'm pretty sure I remember reading it as a kid myself.  I love classics!  It was a hit.

After Story Time, I swung by the house to pick up the boys for Music Class.  We had fun, as always.  The piano is always a big hit, even if only used for crawling under and around...


It's hard to believe the semester is almost over. We love music class!

We spent the rest of our morning exploring the big scary waves at the beach and looking at the shells on the sand.  It wasn't the most beautiful beach day, but you know what they say... "if you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough."

Leah's so good with the boys.


Leah and I kept the boys safe from the scary waves.

I also managed to squeeze in a quick trip to the gym for some intervals on the elliptical while reading my new Jodi Picoult book...


So far it's really good.  I also squeezed in some lower body work on the machines.  I'm normally a free weights girl but it was nice to change it up a little today.  

And after a bike ride with the boys, I had some fun in the kitchen trying out a new recipe for butternut squash enchiladas.  It was delicious!!  Her's were definitely prettier than mine so check out her picture from her blog.  They did taste just as delicious as hers look, however.  I highly recommend trying it out.  

Time for some bracelet making with the sister.  Can't believe her stay is coming to an end...so sad!




No comments:

Post a Comment