Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Making the Most of this Cold Weather

We haven't let the cold water slow us down this weekend.  We've made the most of it and had a great time.  Yesterday we kicked off our morning with the Meryll Lynch Run for The Bulls 5k.  It was a chilly morning so we bundled up...


It was fun to be a part of the Carsons Tavern team and even more fun for our team to take first place.


I got second in my age group by just 6 seconds.  It was a good reminder to put my race face on next time.  If I would have tried a bit harder, I could have easily won my age group...and the person who beat me most certainly wasn't pushing a 110+ pound stroller.  Watch out for me next year!

After we cleaned up at home, it was time to hit the road to pick up Leah in Palm Beach.  We are SOOO excited that she's here to visit.  We swung by Whole Foods to grab some snacks to munch on before I cooked up some yummy steaks...


I can never resist the olives from their olive bar and after a sample of the asiago fresco, in quickly became a necessity as well.  YUM!  No welcome is complete without a nice beverage too...Leah chose Coronas :-)  It had been a while since I'd had one.  It hit the spot!

After we put the boys to bed, we watched...


I'm SOOO glad high school was not that dramatic for me.  Geesh!

This morning we slept in and enjoyed a lazy morning with some oatmeal and lots of coffee before bundling up and hitting the streets on our bikes.  The boys love their helmets...even when they're not on the bikes...


I think they kept those helmets on for a couple of hours at least.  Too funny!  After our bike ride, we spent the rest of our morning playing in the front yard... 
 


Those boys never stay still enough for me to catch them both smiling in a single shot.  




 

When the trucks got boring, they decided to play with their chairs....


...and watched for airplanes.  


We sampled this impulse buy while we watched the boys play.  I must say I'm impressed!  No artificial sweeteners and no calories but surprisingly yummy.  Might have to see how it tastes with some vodka...yummy!  


Off to soak up some more sister time.  It's so wonderful to have her here!!!  Looking forward to fajitas with friends tonight. 









No comments:

Post a Comment