Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Cat in the Hat And Company

We seem to be either insanely busy or incredibly lazy around here these days.  Yesterday was one of the busy days and today has been commitment-free.  I'm still working on the balance thing...

Yesterday kicked off with a special story time at Blue Door with a visit from the Cat in the Hat....


She read a couple of books, passed out some stickers, and then posed for pictures.  The boys were a little afraid of her at first...


I was worried it might be like Santa Claus all over again, but they warmed up to her a bit by the end of her presentation and at least let me hold them to get a picture with her.   


We had a fantastic turnout.  Stuart is obviously looking for cool things to do with their kiddos.  Love it!


I was able to squeeze in a quick SOLO trip to the grocery store thanks to a lovely friend who offered to watch the boys before we headed home to do our produce thing.  The boys are very happy to have their banana and berry stash restocked for a couple of days.  I'm pretty excited about the cauliflower...can't wait to roast it.  

I also squeezed in a lovely tutoring session with one of my absolute favorite students before hitting up the gym for an interval session on the elliptical.  I'm stick chucking away at Wild at Heart...very captivating stuff I must say.  

We came home and scarfed down dinner before the babysitters came over and I got to go out with my book club turned wine club friends.  It was a fun night!  I must say Tera Fermata is not the ideal setting to catch up with friends over a glass of wine.  It's so DANG loud there.  I have a feeling we'll be returning to Coffee Bar Blue Door next month...much more cozy and conducive to chatting.   

Today has been filled with lots of play time around the house, a couple of loads of laundry, a little 3 mile easy run and a quick upper body tabata workout working each of the five major upper body muscle groups--one round for back, chest, biceps, triceps and shoulders.  I love using my tabata timer app on my ipad so I don't have to watch the clock.  

I also got to go solo to the THEATER to see a movie Identity Thief this afternoon--funny stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment