Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Yogurt Concoctions Etc.

I finally got myself caught up on the Bachelor tonight.  I CANNOT believe he keeps hanging on to crazy Tierra.  Now I've gotta keep watching to see what drama she has in store for us next week.  It's a vicious cycle...


I wonder if her cross is a fashion statement or a faith statement????  Who am I to judge, I know, but good grief girl, you're on NATIONAL television and acting a FOOL!  The sad thing is, it seems to be working for her in her quest to get the guy.  Oh Sean...

But enough about that....

This morning, after some coffee, devotions, emails, etc., it was time for a little cardio extravaganza which lined up perfectly with the Best Body Bootcamp plan for today.  Since we live just over a mile from the gym, I like to run there when the weather allows, and the round trip gives me a run just under 3 miles. While there, my workout consisted of 10 minutes on the stairclimber and 4 miles on the elliptical.  I really enjoyed the sweat session after taking yesterday off.  It  always feels good to get my workouts out of the way in the morning too, that way, no matter what the rest of my day brings, I know that little tidbit is taken care of and it makes for a much happier me.

Today, like every Thursday, revolved around produce.  The highlight of today's goodies are these heirloom carrots...


Last time we had them, I made a lovely pesto out of the tops by just throwing them in the ninja along with some garlic, olive oil, almonds, and a touch of parmesan cheese.  I'm looking forward to doing that again.  Heirloom carrots are like two veggies in one!

In case you're interested in learning more about the buying club, check out the info at the website listed below...

We LOVE it!!While I dealt with the produce, the boys had their own fun making some sandwiches...



Mason piled everything onto his sandwich while Colton stuck with the cheese and carbs.  


Mason decided to "eat" his sandwich one layer at a time since picking up the whole thing was pretty tricky.  Smart move, buddy!

I made two yummy concoctions using greek yogurt today.  The first one savory and the second one sweet.  Both will definitely make another appearance at our house when I get more yogurt since the boys devoured both of them by the spoonful.  

To make this avocado dip, I just combined the following in a bowl and then mixed it together with my immersion blender:
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 cup chobani 0% greek yogurt
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • salt, pepper and cumin to taste


I had planned to use it as a dip for carrots but the boys decided it was better to just eat it with a spoon...fine by me...and then also figured out how much fun it was to fling in across the room too...not fine by me.  I preferred mine with carrots.

I also made a "pudding" by combining the following:
  • 1 cup chobani 0% greek yogurt
  • 2 T PB2 (could easily use any nut butter here)
  • 3 T cocoa powder
  • Agave to taste

We all devoured this one by the spoonful but I think it would be lovely as a dip for animal crackers,  graham crackers, bananas, apples, etc.   Needless to say, I didn't walk away while they were eating this one for fear of finding it everywhere as well.  Those little boogers!

I LOVE the versatility of greek yogurt.  I do try to avoid dairy as much as possible but have yet to find a substitute for greek yogurt so until I do, I'll just stick to hormone-free, plain versions and enjoy my dose of healthy probiotics.  

I'm off to read some more of my book before the boys wake up.  I normally find Nicholas Sparks books a bit sappy for my taste but have been joying the mindless reads lately.  Right now I'm reading...


...so far so good.  I miss my book club.  Who wants to join me if I start one???











No comments:

Post a Comment