Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Catching Up From the Weekend

It's been a few days since I've blogged...life got busy.  No complaints here, though. We got a lot done and had a lot of fun.

Saturdays workouts included a 30 minute run and 30 minutes of yoga.  Sunday was more of the same only I did a longer yoga session.  Yesterday, I did a Jackie Warner DVD in lieu of the Best Body Bootcamp workout for the day...it was raining, I'm bored with the bootcamp workouts, and wanted to not have to watch the clock myself...


It was definitely a challenge!  She really can kick your butt and leave you spent in just 30 minutes.  I am still checking out all the of the free videos on Reflexion yoga.  6 days of my 30 day yoga challenge are done.  SO far I'm loving it.  Does anyone know if it's better to run before or after doing yoga?  I got to thinking about that the other day...

Saturday we spent most of the day at a military family event and got lots of good info and socialization in.  We got home in time to enjoy a pina colada and capri suns poolside with our fabulous neighbors before I got to go out with some friends to celebrate Jenny's birthday.  It was a fun night!



Cheers to such a great friend!  She is the picture of calm and has lots of realistic wisdom to share with me.  She's just a little ahead of me in her very similar walk of life so her experiences are fresh enough to remember  as she helps me out. Her bridal shower is the reason Mickey and I met, she introduced me to MOPS, and told me about all the great stuff at the library...pretty much everything about her is wonderful!

Sunday was a great family day filled with yummy food...



I even finally made an omelette that looked like an omelette...


followed by church and some pool time (the big pool is WAY toooo cold) ...





We also got to FaceTime with some family which is always fun.  What did we do before technology?!

Yesterday I worked the boys' play group.  We had a rowdy, fun group that wore me out in the 3 hours that I worked.  We were all ready for nap time after lunch but I muscled through and got some stuff done while I had time to myself.  The dreary afternoon gave us an excuse to have a lazy afternoon inside.  It did finally clear up enough that we were able to get in a short wagon walk before the sun went down.  

Our day finished up with a visit from my friend Heather, who gave the boys' hair a little trim around their eyes before she gave me some highlights.  It was great, as always, to catch up with her.  She is SUCH a good friend!!  Check out our little surfer-boys with bed head...





Trains and giraffes....two of their latest obsessions.  They even sleep with them.  
  




Today's scheduled story time features are...


and


Time to eat some breakfast before tackling our busy Tuesday.  We're eating our last one of these with our breakfast this morning...


If you have an opportunity to get your hands on these little balls of love, do not pass it up.  I think cara cara navels are the best oranges I've ever tasted and the boys agree.  I'm ready to try planting a tree.  They are incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment