Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sleepless Nights Lead to LOOOONG Days

Our dinner with friends last night was so nice!  We're so blessed to have so many wonderful friends.  The boys must have been extra fired up from all of the excitement of a weeknight dinner at a restaurant because they didn't want to sleep at all last night.  It felt like we had newborns again.  Phew!  It's hard to believe we survived all those sleepless nights since I seem to be struggling so much from just one sleepless night last night.  Here's to hoping the boys make up for last nights restlessness by sleeping in extra long tomorrow morning.  It is a rest day after all...  Thank goodness we still had a little bit of this to get us through the day...


Tomorrow we're digging into the caribou coffee bag--another favorite coffee chain from Chicago.  We're so limited here in Florida.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Coffee Bar Blue Door and even would go so far as to say I love Starbucks, but we're seriously lacking in variety here in the Sunshine State.

I was a little slow getting going with my run today, for obvious reasons, and decided to postpone it until after breakfast.  I got in my 4 miles that the training plan called for and then did a little 2 mile walk to cool down.  I was enjoying the calm before the storm I knew was coming.



Today was produce day and our group is growing by leaps and bounds.  We had 18 members pick up today and they've decided to let me be a weekly pick-up location.  I am SOOO excited!  I love all this yummy produce and the opportunity to help others in our community to get their hands on SUPER-FRESH ORGANIC produce.  I was a little overwhelmed by all the sorting and packing but I think I ended up making out ok.  Hope no one's share was too messed up...  I was so busy I never even took a picture of everyone's good jammed into my kitchen but here's what the full share looked like.


Thanks fellow coordinator Bianca for the lovely photo!  My last member finally picked up at 6:30 so needless to say it has been a long day.  This is not typical for me and I'm hoping it's not the new trend.  We ate up a rutabaga tonight and I'm hoping to make a acorn squash and blue cheese pizza tomorrow using this recipe.   Thanks to Cecilia for the tip to check out Smitten Kitchen's blog.  Check out her photo that's making my mouth water in anticipation of tomorrow night...

Source
Looks like the perfect pre-long-run meal.  I have 9 miles to cover on Saturday.  Woo Hoo!

I'm hoping to do the Palm Beach Half Marathon as well in December and then switch my focus back to shorter races again, like the Superhero Scramble!  I'm signed up now and get more nervous by the day!  I think I need to stop watching that video.  The Foam Race in February looks interesting too.  Gotta keep things interesting.  

Speaking of interesting, it was pretty interesting watching my kiddos play with the vacuum today.  Check out what Mason could do with his hair.  Colton was busy trying to control the nozzle every time I put it down.  They're such good little helpers...




Time to call it a night and get some more reading done while I enjoy one of my new favorite things...



If you haven't tried it yet, you should!  Happy almost weekend.  Hope you've got some fun things planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment