Search This Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2012

9/11 Heroes Run 5k

Today got off to a fantastic start at the 9/11 Heroes Run 5k in Palm City.  My plan was to "just run" it but I have a hard time taking it easy when I hear that starting gun go off.  So...I ended up with a personal best time with the stroller clocking in at 24:59.  Not a bad way to start the day.  I get quite a rush from watching peoples' faces as I pass them with my jogging stroller.  I work hard and it feels good to see it pay off.

Thanks to my wonderful friends for inviting me to join them at the event.  They kicked some butt too!  Way to go guys! (Thanks for letting me steal your photo too :-) )  It was for a great cause which you can check out here and I can't think of a better way to kick off the weekend. I hope to see lots more people at this event next year.  We owe it to our first responders and military servicemen.  They put their lives on the line for us each and every day for us.

All nice and fresh before the race.  Check out that glare on the stroller!  
Next year, we're going to get our kids in on the action even more by signing them up for the family fun run.  Won't they be cute.  Guess that means we'll have to put some shoes on these kiddos.  Or maybe they can get in on the new barefoot running fad...  There was a guy there who ran it barefoot!  Ouch!  I don't know who was more interesting, the barefoot runner or the lady with all of the gear--waist strap with 3 water bottles, blinking light on waist, hat with a headlamp attached, watch, Ipod, and who knows what else.  It's only 3.1 miles lady!!!  To each their own I guess.  Maybe they think I look crazy with my stroller.  Oh well!

The rest of my day is dedicated to some chores, hopefully a little relaxation and a trip to the grocery store so I can make this yummy looking salmon fishbowl recipe for dinner tonight.  I've been craving some Asian food and have some baby bok choy from my produce share that is calling my name.  

Do something today to make yourself proud.  You won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment