Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Last Day of Staycation

All good things must come to an end, including staycations. My husband had the last week off of work so we spend the past 10 days enjoying all our favorite local spots. It has been so nice to have my husband with my almost 24/7 to help me with the boys. I can't believe our twins are already 9 months old. Time flies!!! I love them more every day. It's back to reality for all of us tomorrow so we're trying to make the most of today.

The boys slept pretty well last night and gave us their wake-up call at about 7:15 this morning.  We enjoyed some coffee before cooking up some breakfast.  We were both starving!  Guess we need to eat more to fuel our machines :-)  I had to confess to him this morning that I was so hungry last night that I made myself a PB and J sandwich at 2:30 am.  Who does that?  Me!  A breastfeeding mother of twins who loves to work out and apparently needs to eat CONSTANTLY!  The tricky part is trying to stick with healthy choices when you're ravenous all the time.


For breakfast I cooked us up some Coach's Oats.  I had read about them on another blog I read and was dying to try them.  They were just as delicious as had been promised.  I highly recommend them- so creamy and nutty.  I mixed them up with some chia seeds, berries, half a banana and some protein powder.  YUM!  By belly is satisfied and I'm ready to tackle the day. 



On the agenda today: a trip to the fish market, gas and a car wash, a walk to the beach, and LOTS of family time. 


At the fish market, we picked up some salmon and some mahi mahi.  We ate the mahi at lunch and saved the salmon for dinner.  My idea to have Meatless Mondays went over quite well as we indulged in a seafood filled day.  YUM!  My husband does a GREAT job with fish, so he did all of the cooking.  I got to be pampered and I loved every minute of it.  I have an amazing husband!

Our walk was a wonderful way to spend our last day of our staycation.  We walked 9 1/2 miles out to the beach and back, which included going over 2 bridges each way.  Pushing a stroller that weighs 90+ miles for 3/4 of the way helped me to feel better about putting off day 2 of the making the cut workout til tomorrow.  I felt my time was well spent today with my family and I don't regret a minute of it. 

Tomorrow officially kicks off the reality of 2012 and I can't wait to see what it has in store for us.  I'm hoping to try my luck at cheese making tomorrow.  Anyone ever tried it before and got any tips?  I'm going in blind on this one but am DYING to see how it turns out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment