Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Pool Workout

I don't often swim for fitness but every time I decide to change it up and swim for my workout, I'm glad I did. I read about this workout and want to give it a try this weekend. It's good cross-training and gives my body a break from pounding the pavement. Here's the 35-minute plan:

Warm-up, easy pace, 3 laps (or 3 minutes in your home pool)
Moderate pace, 3 laps (or 3 minutes in your home pool)
Poolside push-ups, 1 minute
Kickboard, any stroke, 3 laps (or 3 minutes in your home pool)
Swim fast, any stroke 3 laps (or 3 minutes in your home pool)
Easy pace, 1 lap (or 1 minute in your home pool)
Repeat everything except the warm-up
Swim fast, any stroke 3 laps (or 3 minutes in your home pool)
Easy pace, 1 lap (or 1 minute in your home pool)
Moderate pace , 4 laps (or 4 minutes in your home pool)
Cool down 3 laps (or 3 minutes in your home pool)

No comments:

Post a Comment