Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Back and Chest Day

This week I plan to do some split workouts, which means I am going to just train specific body parts on each of my weight training days rather than doing a full body workout a couple of times a week. I plan to really exhaust the targeted body area on its assigned days since I am only hitting that area one time this week. I hope to keep my core engaged in every day's exercise, as I am still making sure I continue to work on re-strengthening my middle. I try to maintain a navel to spine position and the use of the stability ball helps to engage my core as well. My split schedule for the week is as follows:

Monday: Back and Chest
Tuesday: Core
Wednesday: Legs and Butt
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Biceps and Triceps

Today for my chest, I did 3 sets of 12 of each of the following exercises, using 15 lb dumbbells where applicable:

Chest press with dumbbells on stability ball
Chest flyes wiht dumbbells on stability ball

Incline push-ups against kitchen counter
Chest Fly using resistance band
Standing chest press with stability band

For my back, I did 3 sets of 12 of each of the following exercises:
Dumbbell Bent-Over Row
Bent over dumbbell row with rotation ( palms facing each other when extended and facing behind me when contracted)
One arm dumbbell rows
Resistance band row on stability ball
Resistance band row on on stability ball with wrist rotation

At the end, I also did some core work, including 3 sets of the traditional plank, held as long as possible, 2 sets of quadraped exercises, holding the position as long as possible to engage my core, (Thanks for the tip, Melissa!) and 2 sets of the plank on the stability ball (much more challenging than the traditional version. I could only hold it about 25-30 seconds.) It was a great routine. Looking forward to more core work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment