Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

ABC workout

This workout can be done anywhere and just requires that you have something weighted you can hold and move easily with. I love using a medicine ball but you can use a weight plate, dumbbell, jug of water, etc. Get creative!


With your medicine ball, or weight of your choice, held in front of you with slightly extended arms, spell out the alphabet with it, making each letter as large as possible. Reach your arms up as high as possible for the tops of each letter and go as low as possible, getting into your squat, for the bottom of each letter. Be sure to keep your knees behind your toes and move in a slow, careful, steady fashion. I guarantee it will get your heart pounding and your muscles burning. Try to go all the way from A-Z without stopping. I like to do one set of ABCs before a run and one set after my run to take my running workout up a notch. Give it a try. Let me know how it goes.


Have a fabulously fit day!

No comments:

Post a Comment