Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Not Exactly the Weekend I Had Planned...

My weekend did not go exactly how I had planned.  I spent most of it looking like this and having to cancel all of my Saturday plans...


...thanks to a scratched cornea as a result of a darth vader helmet mishap at the end of our trick-or-treating fun Halloween night.  It was my brush with the dark side... and I don't recommend it.  I had no idea how painful scratching your eye can be and I'm considering wearing protective goggles on all future Halloweens as a result...kidding...kind of.  2 1/2 days of incredible pain, blurry vision, lots of ibuprofen, lots of tissues, antibiotic eye drops, and lots of darkness later and things are finally looking up. I'm hoping the blurry vision continues to improve and am anxious to follow up with my eye dr. to make sure things are healing properly.  I only get one set of eyes and I truly appreciate the work that they do for me.  The boys were troopers accompanying me to urgent care since Mickey was at drill.  They praised me for my bravery.  It was cute!

Despite the watery, painful eyes, the boys and I did manage to get to the weekend's air show they'd been anticipating for at least a month.  I enjoyed it with one eye open while hovering in any shade I could find.  Thankfully we had access to the VIP tent which helped with that.  

The boys make some cute VIPs... 


...and we had fun checking things out for a couple of hours before calling it good (thank you very, very loud jets for making it easier to convince my kiddos it was time to go :-) ...


The boys were very happy to finally be able to touch some planes... 



...and even thought hiding out in the tent every so often was pretty fun too... 


Thanks to a generous kiddo who had some extra tickets, the boys were able to ride the roller coaster they'd been eyeing all day...


...brave kiddos that they are even chose front row seats... 


...and I'm quite certain that one little ride cured them of wanting to visit the midway again for a good year or so... 



...that, my friends, it the face of a kid who realized halfway into the ride it was a bad decision.  I know that feeling well roller-coaster hater that I am.  Live and learn, right???



We also had another fun day of soccer.  The boys are finally participating a bit more... 


...along with some pretty regular distractions, such as the bouncy netting on the goal...


...they did actually get in on some of the action on the field (they're numbers 2 and 3) ...


...Colton even got to dribble a bit... 


The boys were the winners of the sportsmanship award this week for being good buddies/teammates... 


...they were pretty darn excited...


They also earned patched for having a good attitude last week and being brave this week... 


...I love i9 sports focus on building character along with teaching a sport.  

We celebrated with frozen yogurt... 


...and soft pretzels... 


The boys get very focused with their treats :-)  

We spent some time this weekend changing up our decorations... 


...sitting fireside...


...and enjoying some gorgeous fall weather...


...which obviously required a trip to the shady bouncy bridge park...



...in shorts nonetheless.  Once again, live and learn, right??  Colton told me "my teeth are moving, mom."  So cute!  We learned how exercise can warm us up.  So do snuggles...
 

...these days one cute picture leads to many silly ones...


Despite my painful, busted eye, we managed to have lots of smiles and enjoy our change of plans to accommodate my healing.  Be careful with your eyes, people!!  A scratched cornea is no fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment