Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Brother's Getting Married and I Got To Party With His Future Bride :-)

As you probably already know, my brother is getting married in December.  Upcoming weddings mean bachelorette parties and I'm so happy I got to be a part of this one.  First off, I owe a HUGE thank you to my husband for manning the home-front while I was gone.  I owe him BIG TIME!!  

Last weekend, I got to spend some time in Lexington celebrating my future sister-in-law.  Here's a glimpse into our fun...


Friday kicked off with some fun at the Buffalo Trace distillery... 






I had hoped this trip could help me to love bourbon a bit more, but like my sister, the bourbon chocolates and bourbon creme were the only bourbon variations that really struck my fancy...


Some of that bourbon creme in my coffee over the holidays would be fantastic though...


It was absolutely gorgeous there...


...doesn't this just scream fall??... 


The rest of our day was spent with dinner and dancing... 


..smiles all around with these ladies.  

Saturday morning kicked off with some tailgating at Keeneland... 


...cue the gorgeousness again...




...even the clock was a Rolex...


The crowds were entuhisastic and it was fun to be a part of it on such a gorgeous day... 



I bet on a Da Big Hoss in honor of my brother who has the nickname Hos... 


...no luck in the winnings department but it definitely added to the fun.  $2 well spent, I'd say!  It was smiles all around once again for Jenny's gang of girls...


After a day at the track, we spent our evening out for dinner and drinks again...along with some entertainment from the band and their new bandmate...


Before we knew it, it was Sunday and time to wrap up the festivities.  We hit up a local breakfast joint before most people headed home.  

Lucky for me and my sisters, we had one more day to explore Lexington and took full advantage of it.  First up, a walk through the University of Kentucky's arboretum...



...it was so wonderful to be able to be there in the fall to get my colorful leaf fix...
 

We got in about 4 miles before heading back to regroup before heading out for dinner.  Dinner at The Village Idiot was the most scrumptious meal of the weekend.

I started things off wtih the Jack-O-Tini... 


...stoli vanilla, caramel pumpkin pie syrup and pumpkin liquor....YES, please!  It was incredible!

We decided to order a bunch of dishes to share and the brussels sprouts with blue cheese and pecans were the definite highlight of our choices for me... 


...they were insanely good.  I will be trying to recreate that dish at home for sure.   We followed up dinner with a couple more drinks at a fun wine bar before calling it a night...


...it was the perfect ending to a very fun weekend.  I'm so glad I got to be a part of it and can't wait til Jenny and Aaron's big day.    





No comments:

Post a Comment