Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

It's Been A While...

It's been a while since my last post...so long in fact that I had to look back to see what I had to say :-)  In case you forgot too, my last post talked about my plan to be more present and I have to say, I did a better job or being in the moment this week with my boys and it feels good.  Here's to hoping it's becoming a new habit.  Since I've been working on the being present thing, I've actually taken a few less pictures and obviously blogged a bit less...I guess that's the way it goes :-)  

We found quite a bit of fun in the last week.  Here's a little snapshot of the last 10 days...

We hit up the park for some spider-man training... 



...and had fun at a new play group trying out some shaving cream art... 


We sent Uncle Aaron some wildcat love when the boys decided we should all match one day...


Go Northwestern!  The boys informed me they will be living with Uncle Aaron and playing basketball at Northwestern when they get big.  That would make me one happy mama.  Not sure if Aaron like they whole living with him part, but we can deal with that in about 15 years :-)

We had some fun with some dinosaur books at Story time...


...and had fun with some midweek pancakes thanks to some early risers we've been having lately... 


I spent a TON of time looking through all of Abigail and Scott's wedding photos which are finally done. Here's some goodies...



Were the boys not the cutest thing ever???  Lucky them, they found out they get to do the whole ringbearer thing again in December at Aaron and Jenny's wedding.  Woohoo!!!!  We can't wait!

This whole family gets to be together a lot this year and I couldn't be happier...


....I only hope the legacy I'm leaving is half as awesome as my parents' is turning out to be.  I love our family!!

Pretty cool to have a sister as your best friend...


That doesn't even scratch the surface of all their wonderful photos.  It was a beautiful day and the photographers captured it perfectly!

Anyways...last week we also made time for a few trips to the water park...


...the squirters were a big hit this time.  So was the spinning jump...

 

...I have to say I'm thrilled that they're starting to really enjoy the pool.  I knew it was just a matter of time :-)

We also had some fun at the beach...


...unfortunately they're still not thrilled with the ocean and it's really hot there these days if you don't want to get in the water so we didn't last long.  

At least they were cute in the shade...


We got a spur of the moment weekend guest too...Aunt Miriam....


 Things are always silly with her around.  We usually enjoy extra pool time... 


...and treats.  Popsicles for the kids...


...and mango margaritas for the grown-ups...


We usually succeed at wearing them out and getting in some good naps too.  Miriam makes a great pillow...

...she looks thrilled, doesn't she??  Haha!

We got to celebrate a friend's birthday party at the children's museum...




...obviously we had a lot of fun in the human body section :-)  I was surprised they climbed into the dentist chair.  Maybe there's hope for us after all when we return to the dentist again in a couple of weeks.  

On Sunday, I even got to sneak away for a bit for a little girl's night out...


Yesterday found us at our new play group again.  This time we got to paint some pet rocks...


...they look pretty good in our yard don't they??...


The boys also made some new bird feeders for our feathered friends...


...I have to say I like their work :-)  

It was back to story time this morning where the featured stories were...


...both silly stories with lots of animals.  What's not to love??

The boys even helped out with the cleanup while they were there...



so cute!!  You know what else is cute?  This...


Time to get off of here so I can be ready to enjoy them even more today once they're up from their naps.  It's alot more fun to play with them when I don't have a million other things that have to get done so I try to tackle those things when they nap.   :-)  


No comments:

Post a Comment