Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

Hello Fun!

Mickey had drill last weekend so it was just me and the boys.  I made it my mission to keep them busy and we had a lot of fun along the way.  The gorgeous weather definitely added to awesomeness of the weekend. I have to agree with Julie, we are definitely in the sweet spot of Florida weather.

Saturday kicked off bright and early with some wide awake boys.  Thankfully they were in good spirits and had fun reading together...


Then, it was time to head off to one of our favorite activities--building at Home Depot...



...the building included screws this time which made it extra fun.  Of course, the paint is ALWAYS a hit as well.  

With our projects complete, it was time to hit the beach for some fun in the sun...


I managed to snag a nice photo with Mason.  Colton was a little trickier...


...I think I caught him in the middle of a sun-induced sneeze.  Haha!  Our group shot wasn't much better...



...oh well.  We had fun!!  


Those boys could have dug and buried trucks and toys all day.  Running around by the surf was pretty fun too.  It was pure bliss!

We spent nap time in the car on a little errand to Fort Pierce and came home to spend the rest of our evening playing outside.  


If there's fresh air involved...its smiles all around for this family :-)

Sunday kicked off with a visit to church.  The message was just what I needed to hear as I often feel like a floundering mess of a mother raising two spirited boys.   The zinger for me was this statement made by Gordon, the pastor...

"It's not you who qualifies you. It's Him that qualifies you. Jesus doesn't call superstars."

I need that plastered on my wall.

After church we ran a couple of errands before heading south to Jupiter for "Touch a Truck"...also known as BOY HEAVEN...


 ...needless to say they did their happy dance for a solid 2 hours as they explored all the trucks.  I'm pretty sure it was their idea of the perfect day and it was fun to get to experience it with them.  I couldn't get over how nice all of the vehicle operators were to all the kids climbing all over their equipment.  It was pretty incredible.  

Our next stop was a trip to Roger Dean stadium to snag some Spring Training tickets for next weekend.  We're counting down the days til next Saturdays Cardinals/Nationals match-up.  Now that the boys have seen the stadium and the excitement of game day, they're incredibly excited to get inside next weekend.  We can't wait!

We had another car ride nap time and made it home with time to head to the park for the rest of our daylight hours...


...this random cone was a HUGE hit among all the kiddos at the park.  The boys had a blast running off the last of their energy and I enjoyed the gorgeous weather while watching them...


We finished off our weekend with dinner and lots of books before tucking the boys in.  Mickey and I even had a little time to catch up on the latest Scandal episode before calling it a night...I fell asleep halfway through, wonder why? :-)  I'll catch up on it this week.  I'd say our weekend was a success, wouldn't you???  Hope yours was too.   







No comments:

Post a Comment