Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Florida Winter Fun

I hate to rub it in for those of you who live in cold climates, but for those of us here in South Florida, we've had some FABULOUS weather that begged us to spend the majority of our weekend outside.  It was glorious.  (If it helps to soften the blow, we did enjoy all this while still tackling potty training, which takes an incredible amount of patience, something that does NOT come naturally to me.  I feel like I spend 2/3 of my day in a bathroom...with two little boys...who touch EVERYTHING...GROSS!  I'm pretty sure I get splashed or sprayed with pee at least 3 times a day.  It's fun stuff I tell you...But I digress.)  Here's a glimpse into some of the shenanigans we were up to...

On Saturday, after a couple of errands, we found an open field and had some fun...


...we even shot off some rockets while we were there... 


...apparently the wind was not in our favor and we returned home in need of some new rockets for our launcher.  See that rocket hanging from the power lines... 


...and yes, it's still there :-)   

The boys had fun enjoying the wide open space with fresh air and sunshine...  


We worked up an appetite after all that play time and rode our bikes for some fro yo... 


...the boys had been begging for ice cream, which surprised us since they've never liked ice cream, so we decided to splurge.  I should have skipped ordering for myself since it turns out they still don't like ice cream...oh well, more for me.  Yum!  :-)  

Sunday found us outside again, first of all with me on a bundled up 13 mile run with my running buddy.  It was so fun to run her first half marathon distance with here.  We then spent the rest of the morning in another wide open field, this time with a football...


...they boys had fun checking out the clouds a bit...
 

...and rolling around with Daddy... 


Some friends joined us for a bit and we explored the rest of the park a bit more too...



Mickey's up to his beer brewing again.  Sunday was bottling day... 


...I'm excited to try his new chocolate porter.  YUM!

Sunday night found us at a  friend's birthday party at the bowling alley.   Too bad the lighting was not conducive to iphone photos... 


The boys tore it up on the lanes and then refueled before hitting up the games... 


I like Colton's approach to ski ball.  First he tried throwing it overhand...


...then he moved in for closer action....


...when that didn't work, he decided to climb up on the game ... 


...then must have decided walking it up was the way to go... 


Success!!  Haha!

Monday was back to the routine with play group for the boys and errands for me. Check out the adorable craft they made... 


Today found us back outside again, thank goodness.  This weather is impossible to resist!  After story time, where the featured stories were...


...Aunt Sheryl let the boys check out here sunroof....


Cool dudes!!

With no other plans on the agenda, we headed to the beach for some fun in the sun and a picnic... 


...It took some convincing to get Mason to take a photo with me.  Colton thought he'd look better with a stick mustache in his photo...too cute!

If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough, right? 


...especially when most of the rest of the county is freezing.  Would you believe this is the first time I braved the beach by myself with the boys.  We will definitely be doing more of this in the near future.  We had a great time and it was good for my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment