Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Plankerville Update

It's the most wonderful time of the year and we've been enjoying this magical time by packing in tons of fun.  There's been a whirlwind of activity here in Plankerville the last few days...the majority of it fun, thank goodness!!
We found and purchased a fantastic new Christmas train at Home Depot...


...it was love at first sight for the boys and they haven't tired of it yet...


...it's definitely adding excitement to the season for the boys.  It's the little things...like watching the train go round and round :-)

The boys also got some pretty exciting invites from Aunt Abigail and Uncle Scott...


...how cute are these invitations to be a part of their wedding??  And how cute are these adorable suits we found for them???...


I can't wait til June 21!!  It's going to be AMAZING to finally have a sibling join the married ranks.  And now we've got another one close at their heels.  Woohoo!  It's a fun year to be a Hosmon...or be related to one of us...or be a friend of our familys...good stuff!  :-)  

We managed to squeeze in a couple trips to the park...


...Colton loves to push Mason, such a big helper.  We also got in a couple great runs, one of which included getting stopped by the train...


....talk about excitement for the boys.  

On Saturday, we finally had success with a santa photo sans parents...


...gotta love Home Depot.  We made some cool projects while we were there too...


...gotta love when the project includes paint :-)  Where else do you wipe your hands but on your face??  Love my Colton!!

After building, we headed down south to Riviera Beach for a little outing with Black Sparrow Pirate Adventures... 


....where you can help the crew find treasure...


The boys had SOOOO much fun...so did Mickey and I.  If you get the opportunity to take your children, I highly suggest you take advantage of it.  SOO fun! Incredibly well-organized and kid-friendly.

I squeezed in my 11 mile run Saturday afternoon (getting closer to race day!).  The rest of our day was pretty low key and relaxed...including a movie night with the movie Planes...


...too bad I slept through most of it.  What I saw was pretty cute!

Sunday kicked off with the usuals, church and errands, before we got a fantastic treat - a babysitter from 1:00- 9:30.  It was GLORIOUS to have an adults only day with the love of my life.  We watched the Dolphins game and ate at Hurricane Wings, did some Christmas shopping, and hung out with some great friends at a fun Christmas party.  The boys had a BLAST while we had some time to ourselves...


What a blessing our friends are!

It was my turn to work at our play group on Monday.  It's always fun to see my kids interact with others.  Spending 3 hours in a room filled with toddlers is a great way to exhaust yourself :-)  They're an energetic, adorable bunch.  I think my craft was a hit.  You can't go wrong with stickers.


The rest of my day is pretty much a blur.  I did manage to get in a workout, though...I tried out a new TurboFire HIIT workout.   Good stuff!!!  


I love all that high intensity stuff.  It's really made a difference in my running.


Today was our usual Tuesday morning routine.  I kicked off the day with an early morning run to make sure I got it in before the rest of my day took over.  Our first outing was story time where the features were...



After story time, we hit the road for music class.  Today's highlights were the crash cymbal...


...and the drums...


...what boy doesn't love to make loud noises???  The player piano is always a big hit with the boys too.   
The rest of our day has been filled with errands with my partners in crime...


...and plenty of chores.  I'm ready to kick up my feet and call it a day.    Mickey must have read my mind...he just brought me a delicious pint of his homebrew.  YUM!!  


























  

No comments:

Post a Comment