Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday already...

I can't believe it's Tuesday afternoon already...time flies by when you're having fun, or just busy trying to get stuff done after a weekend spent mostly on the couch.  Our week really hasn't been too crazy yet, but for some reason the days seem to feel like they're getting away from me...

Yesterday morning kicked off with an early visit to the gym for some time on the elliptical and a little time in the weight room.  Nothing too exciting but it sure was nice to get it out of the way.

I tend to be much more productive if I get my workout done first thing in the morning.  Look at this fun craft we tackled at 8 am...

Thanks, Pinterest!!

After breakfast and getting ready for the day, the boys spent the rest of their morning with their friends at their play group (check out this photo they sent me...) 


...while I tackled some errands and treated myself to a massage.  It was glorious!!  I even had a little time leftover to do some reading while sipping on Starbucks before it was time to grab the boys.  



I don't get to do very much completely by myself so I relish the opportunities when they come my way.  

Check out the pumpkins the boys made with their friends...


Colton says his is sad.  Mason apparently thinks he's Picasso. :-)

We hit up the grocery store on the way home, where we resisted this BOGO purchase...


Has anyone tried these??  They remind me of my childhood.  I think I had graham crackers with peanut butter or frosting for a snack at least a thousand times after school.  My mom was ahead of her time!

The rest of our day was pretty mellow.  I did shake things up with a serious dinner FLOP though to keep things interesting.  I made a pumpkin soup recipe that left me disappointed...


...and served it alongside some overcooked pork chops.  MAJOR FAIL!  My kids were seriously gagging.  At least we could laugh about it.  I sure do hope my tacos tonight are a bigger hit.  Yikes!!

This morning kicked off with a soggy run.  It rained the whole time but at least it wasn't hot.  Thank goodness for running buddies who aren't afraid of a little rain.  We check off our cardio for the day rain or shine these days.  I love it!!

Check out this gorgeous site Mickey found for us leaving the house this morning on his way to work...


You better believe we walked outside to check it out.  The boys were blown away!!  Of course we had to come in and draw rainbows :-)

The rain cancelled story time which freed up our morning a bit.  At least we'll get a day off from watering the plants...check out our big helpers...


I took advantage of the extra hour and made some zucchini bread before we hit the road for some fun and learnin' with Miss Rabe...


...fun stuff!!

Time to tackle some more chores before the boys wake up...or just foam roll my sore legs while catching up on Parenthood while I've got the chance :-)  Runner friends, have you discovered this fantastic tool??


I tend to be injury-prone but also try to be very proactive about preventing injury by crosstraining and listening to my body.  Rumor has it this is the ticket to preventing injury as well, especially as I increase my mileage going into half-marathon season.  It's no fun but if it helps keep me on the road, I'm willing to do it.   Off to torture myself...















No comments:

Post a Comment