Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Giggle, Some Yummy Food, and Rainy Day Entertainment

Before I get into today, I have to share this hysterical post I stumbled upon yesterday.  It seriously had me belly laughing.  I thought it was a joke at first but I'm pretty sure it's for real...


Who's going to try it out and let me know what they think??  You might end up on youtube too thanks to the people who see you doing it...haha!

In other news, that curried broccoli soup was YUMMY with my blackened pork chop last night.  So far, I don't feel like I'm missing out at all with this plan.  


The rain finally let up and we were able to get outside for a bit after dinner before the mosquitos got the best of us and we headed back inside...


Those boys sure do love their chocolate milk.  I love that I can convince them it's from Starbucks just by putting it in a leftover Starbucks cup.

Once the boys were in bed, I spent the rest of the night watching this movie...


I rarely stay awake for movies but this one had me on the edge of my seat and I thoroughly enjoyed it.   Unfortunately, I didn't finish watching it til almost 11:30 so I didn't keep with the sleep portion of the Whole30 very well...whoops.  This didn't help either...


Yep, friends, those are my boys taking up my entire bed after they woke up crying hysterically in the middle of the night.  Poor little guys!  I hope we're not getting that darn virus that's going around.  

After way fewer hours of sleep than I had hoped for, we were up and at em bright and early this morning.  I talked myself into a run this morning in hopes of beating the rain and managed to get in 4 miles close to home, with several stops to see this guy...



...on our numerous loops around and around the neighborhood before calling it quits and getting inside just before the downpours started...


We then stuffed our faces with a yummy breakfast...


...eggs scrambled with coconut oil, steamed kale and broccoli, some tomatoes with balsamic and a coffee with coconut milk.  Filling and delicious...the perfect way to kick off day 3 on my Whole30 experiment.

After that, it was time to enjoy our rainy day at home.  This is what happens on rainy days at our house... 


The boys go to town with all of their toys that they sometimes forget about on a daily basis.  We had fun going through the stash of toys while keeping an eye on the rain and hoped that it would pass....


While the boys played, I tried my hand at a batch of homemade coconut butter...


I'm convinced you can make pretty much anything in the Vitamix.  I made the mistake of putting it in the fridge which hardens it and then figured out it can be kept at room temperature...easy to fix!  It's yummy!  I can't wait to put it on my sweet potatoes that I got in my produce share today.  Speaking of produce, I pretty excited about all the berries I got today too...and the pineapple...and the cauliflower...and the...it's all SO yummy!  Annie's Buying Club never lets me down.  Good thing none of that yummy goodness is off limits on the Whole30.

I also got in a super-intense, super-short chest and back workout--one minute of each of the following exercises, without stopping with a "power-burn" minute at the end that repeated each exercise for 15 seconds each....it looked like this...


I followed up that workout with a very yummy lunch...

...leftover roasted chicken, some avocado, tomatoes, caramelized onions, and a peach.  YUM!  

Now I'm doing the produce thing, waiting for people to pick up their goodies while the boys nap.  I'm off to dig into this new book...



Life is good!












No comments:

Post a Comment