Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cuddlebugs

We stayed up WAY too late last night but we were having such a good time, it was hard to call it quits. Good moods in the evening are hard to come by around here so when they do happen, I try to soak them up.
Mason has been especially cuddly lately and Colton never wants to miss out on a photo opportunity.  I have a feeling he'll be taking his own photos in no time.  He loves cameras.  

You'd think a late bedtime would have helped the boys sleep in this morning but it seems the later they  get to bed, the earlier they wake up.  What's up with that?  I was grateful I had gone to bed right after them last night so I was still up for almost an hour before they got up.  I was able to drink my coffee in peace and get in most of my workout before Mason started calling for me.   Colton decided to snooze a little longer which gave me a some one-on-one time with Mason.  It doesn't happen often so I seized the opportunity to snuggle with him on the couch.  He's such a cuddler.

When Colton woke up, he was less interested in cuddling and more interested in riding his bike.  Fine by me...They rode their bikes around the living room while I finished up my workout.  Today's Best Body Bootcamp workout was NO JOKE!  Try these alligator walks out and you'll see what I mean. Those were preceded by pushups so when I got to the balance kickbacks, my core was spent and I had to modify the last exercise to keep from re-injuring my core.    She doesn't mess around in phase 4.  I'm sore already and scared for how I'm going to feel when I drag myself out of bed in the morning.  I'm hoping to squeeze in a quick run this evening in my new shoes since the workout wasn't too focused on the lower body and my legs still feel pretty fresh and ready to test out my new kicks.

It was great to see some new faces at story time as well as some friends who got to come back after a hiatus.  We love our story time friends! The featured books at story time this morning were...

source
 Dinosaurumpus by Tony Mitton is full of great rhymes and fantastic artwork.  I was wishing I had a friend like Ross Gellar from Friends to let me know if I was pronouncing all of the dino names correctly.  Good thing the kiddos don't know the difference.    He would have though...

source

I miss that show.  It ALWAYS made me laugh.  

We also read Kitty's Cuddles by Jane Cabrera.

source
It was full of beautiful artwork and lots of descriptive vocabulary.  It's a very sweet book, especially for new brothers or sisters.

Music class was fun as always.  Colton seemed to need extra cuddles while we were there, maybe making up for the cuddles he passed on this morning.  They were really hoping for some drumming and leaving without doing so was difficult.  You can't always get what you want...It's a tough lesson to teach your kiddos who don't understand your explanations.  Now we have something to look forward to for next week though.    

We enjoyed the rest of our morning outside by the pool and we're jonesin' to get back outside as soon as nap time is over.  Dinner is already slow roasting in the oven which will hopefully make this evening a breeze...I try not to get my hopes up too much though.  Those boys sure do know how to throw me some curveballs.  They keep life interesting and I wouldn't have it any other way.  What's not to love?...

I keep forgetting to add this bike photo to the blog.  They are in heaven with their new bikes.  They're still trying to figure out the pedals but are up for the challenge. 
I can't wait to catch up on The Bachelor after the boys go to sleep.  Hometown dates are always entertaining.   Bring on the drama!  Happy Tuesday everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment