Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Quickie Workout

After a beautiful weekend filled with family time, two great runs (one 10-miler and one 2 1/2 mile recovery), happy hours and delicious food, it was back to the gym today.  I started off my workout with 25 minutes on the elliptical at a challenging resistance with varying inclines.  It got my heart rate up and warmed me up for the upper body workout that was to come.  My arms got a short, sweet workout that wasn't lacking in intensity and saved me plenty of time to continue to hang out with my sister.  My workout looked like this:

  • Chest press and bent-over rows superset 
    • 4 sets of 20, 15, 12, then 10 with weights increasing on each round
  • Chest flyes and flat bench renegades superset
    • 4 sets of 15 with moderate weight 
  • Hammer curls, overhead presses and triceps kickbacks giant set
    • 3 sets of 12 using moderate weight
  • Tricep pressdown and bicep curl superset
    • 3 sets of 12 with challenging weight on cable machine
  • Windshield wipers and W arm extensions
    • 2 sets of 12 with moderate weights (be nice to those tender shoulders :-) )
  • 3 minutes of various plank exercises resting as needed
I was so glad I had my sister here to watch the boys so I could have 45 minutes to myself to get in a good workout at the gym while not having to give up my morning time with my husband.  A good sweat session truly does the body AND mind good.  I even came home to two sleeping babies.   I'm so spoiled.  Gotta love my sisters...all 3 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment