Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Killer Workouts in 5 minutes

Yesterday was shoulders day for me. I had two very fussy babies, thanks to a different schedule than they are used to, so I was worried I may not be able to squeeze my workout it but when I found myself with 5 spare minutes, I took full advantage of them and got my shoulders on fire. Those 5 small minutes were hugely effective in working my shoulders and I'm feeling the sweet soreness of a good workout today so I know it worked. Here's my go-to method when time is limited.

Choose a light set of dumbbells. I used a pair of 8 pounders. Set your timer for 5 minutes and prepare to feel the burn. For 5 minutes, you are not going to stop doing shoulder exercises. The light weights really help to get your shoulders cut without bulking up and allow you to be able to complete the full 5 minutes.

I used the following exercises doing 1 set of 15 reps for each, not stopping in between sets. I started over and was able to get through the rotation almost 2 times.

Overhead extensions
Overhead extensions with twist
Upright row
Front raise
Lateral (side) raise
Arnold press
Rear delt raise
Rear delt row
Military press
Lateral raise with internal rotation
Double suitcase row

I paid very careful attention to my form and kept my navel pulled into my spine the entire time. My shoulders were on fire at the end of the 5 minutes. It was such a rush that when I found I had time to squeeze in 5 more minutes after a 3 minutes rest, I did the rotation one more time. It's not for newbies or the faint of heart. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment