Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The 10 Minute Workout

We all have those days where we just don't feel like going to the gym, but chances are we do feel like doing something healthy for ourselves, even if it is done in a short amount of time. I woke up not wanting to go the gym today after I got sucked into the Today Shoe but I knew I wanted to do some muscle-building today so I moved my workout to the living room and got to watch the news and get my workout in at the same time. On top of the already to good to be true win-win situation, I got my weight-lifting out of the way for the day in just 10 minutes. You don't have time to not do this workout.

First, pick 10 different exercises that work various parts of your body. Using moderate weights, do each exercise for a minute without stopping, completing as many reps as possible. Try to rotate between upper and lower body exercises to give your different muscles breaks while still keeping your heart rate up. Oh, and don't forget to do some cool-down stretching when you're all done. I like to stretch in the shower where the heat of the water helps me to get a really good stretch. It's another multi-tasking move that will help you to get more out of your morning, leaving you with time to still get to the beach, like I did this morning. Let me know how it goes. I love hearing from you!

Here's my workout from this morning. I did each exercise for a minute, or until muscle failure using 8 pound dumbbells.

Biceps curls
Squats
Overhead triceps presses
Dead-lifts
Shoulder press
Calf raises
Pushups
Wide leg squats
Crunches
Triceps dips

Finally, Sssssstreeetch! You just got fit in no time. Now go enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment